Tips to Communicate With a Person With Alzheimer’s
As care providers in Indiana, we are fully aware of how tough it is to cope with and communicate with a loved one who has Alzheimer’s disease. That is why we have come to help you. Here are some tips that might help you properly and effectively communicate with someone suffering from Alzheimer’s disease:
- Remember to be patient. Don’t argue or reason with the person. This will only make things worse.
- Offer personal care and reassurance. Assure your loved one with Alzheimer’s that they are safe with you. Inform them that you are available to support and assist them with their needs.
- Make everything as simple as possible. If you have questions or anything to say, it is best to ask or say one thing at a time.
- Make your everyday routine as simple as possible. This will help your loved one with Alzheimer’s predict when certain events may occur.
- Pay attention to your ears, eyes, and heart. Pay greater attention to how your loved one feels rather than what they say.
Care Hospice Services LLC is a high-quality provider of hospice care in Carmel, Indiana. Our goal is to be able to ensure the comfort and safety of our clients and help them achieve a much higher quality of living.
We offer a wide range of services to assist individuals with Alzheimer’s, chronic liver disease, acute renal failure, and other serious conditions. Some of the services we offer include respite care, medical social assistance, grief counseling services, skilled nursing care, dietician services, and more.